Well, we broke in the New Year with some excitement and a display of God’s power and love. On January 2nd my husband, was feeling a little off and drove down the wrong freeway, 22 miles, before he realized he had gone the wrong way and couldn’t figure out how to get back on track. He called me and not thinking that anything was really wrong, other than he’s not good with directions, I told him that he needed to find a gas station and ask for directions. I was in a big meeting 2 hours away with the managerial department of a hospital. He called 2 more times, concerned and confused, but I assured him I didn’t know what to do to help him and that he really needed to find a gas station. Again, I didn’t think too much of it and got back to business at hand.
When we both got home that night he told me that he was battling something and asked me to pray for him. He had put on a sweatshirt and a blanket, which was quite odd as he usually only wears sleeveless shirts, and never gets cold. So I prayed and we went to bed, not really thinking much of it, as Tony rarely gets sick. In the middle of the night, I heard a loud crash and called out to him (since I had noticed that he was not in bed), asking him if he knew what the noise was. He replied that he didn’t know, so I got up to investigate.
I looked around the bathroom, which is where the noise seem to have stemmed from, and didn’t see anything. I tried to give him his privacy, as I knew he was out of bed and had to be in the bathroom. I scanned the sink area and found him lying on the floor.

I asked if he was ok and he replied yes, I’m fine, as he laid there on his side with his head inline with his spine. As I spoke with him I could tell that he didn’t even realize that he was lying on the floor. After a minute or so I said, “Why don’t you sit up and see how you feel”. He sat up with his back on the door jam and talked to me a little more and then his eyes rolled upwards and his head fell fast onto his chest. My first thought was “NO, this is not going to happen like this!” I started commanding him to wake up as I spun him around and laid him down. He opened his eyes, looked around and then his eyes rolled back into his head and he breathed out one big breath and that was it. I started saying in a demanding voice, “IN JESUS NAME WAKE UP!” I repeated this many, MANY times. During this time I felt compelled to give him 2 chest compression’s and only 2. I also slapped his face a few times (as seen on TV, lol) and kept repeating (very loudly), “IN JESUS NAME WAKE UP!” At one point I could hear a voice in my head say, “You better go call 911, you better call 911” over and over and over. I thought to myself, no I am not leaving Tony like this. After a while (it’s hard to tell time when you’re in that type of situation) he opened his eyes and said, “Boy, I feel better than I have felt all week.” All I could say (repeatedly) was “Thank You Jesus, thank You Jesus, thank You Jesus!”
He laid there for a couple of minutes and then stood up, looked at himself in the mirror and said, “Wow, I’m white”, I said “I know, I think you better go lay down.” We went back to bed, prayed some more and went to sleep. I slept with my head near his and my hand on his heart (just to make sure the devil wasn’t going to try anymore tricky business). We both woke up in the morning and went into work about an hour late. All day long the enemy kept whispering in my head, “That isn’t normal, you didn’t do enough”, meaning that he should have gone to a doctor. Satan was relentless and bugging me ALL day long. I finally replied to this lie from the devil with…”You’re right, it’s not normal, because we were never created to be normal, Praise God!”
As the day progressed I could hear his voice get stronger and stronger (over the phone). A couple of days later he told me that he felt 100% back to normal.
I thank God that I have had good training and that my mind was renewed and knew what to do. Not once did I think, “what should I do, should I speak in tongues, what did Curry say to raise his daughter from the dead?” I immediately recognized it was a spiritual attack and stood my ground and declared how it was going to be. I thank God for His faithfulness, His truth, His promises and most of all His love for us. For quite a few days I couldn’t stop looking at Tony and smiling. He kept asking what I was smiling at, I told him” I like you much better talking and pink”.
What Satan meant for evil has only strengthened our faith, and our marriage. This test turned into a testimony encourages us and many others. I encourage you to take God at His Word and stand firm. He is faithful!

Thank you, Melissa